Want to find a real haunted house to explore on Halloween? Well, look no further — mapping software company Esri has come out with an interactive map that explores where in the world horror movies supposedly took place.
For example, that massive mansion in “The Shining” where Jack Nicholson’s character famously axed through a bathroom door and yelled “Here’s Johnny?” That was in Estes Park, Colo.
- Google Street View sets out to map Arlington Cemetery
- Google Maps charts new territory into businesses
- Mapbox raises $ 10M, could give Google Maps a run for the money
- Google Maps tricks out iOS app with more navigation features
- Google Maps now sends you to multiple destinations
What about the haunted home inhabited by evil spirits and paranormal activity in “Poltergeist?” That was in the fictional town of Cuesta V… [Read more]
Star Apps: Rob Zombie
Guillermo del Toro crafts horror-packed ‘Simpsons’ opening
Google Maps charts new territory into businesses
Frictional officially unveils space horror game Soma
Funhouse of Horror 2013: Top 5 free scary games to download